Our soakaway water crates are lightweight modular cells with high void ratio that can be used to create stormwater underground storage systems for car parks, landscaped areas as well as heavier duty use areas within commercial, residential, retail or industrial areas. Soakaway crates are used to effectively manage excessive rainwater and create permeable infiltration schemes.
Advantages of using water storage/attenuation systems:
- Decreases the possibility of flooding during heavy rain falls
- Rainwater is cleaned by the geotextile surround
- Grey water storage for use in flushing of toilets, watering of plants and cleaning of vehicles etc.
- Decreases environmental problems caused by development
- Prevents extreme peak flows to main drainage and water purification systems
- Allows development of difficult sites by using attenuation / water storage
Soakaway Crate Installation Instructions (Excerpt from Downloadable Install Guide):
- Excavate the designated area to your required length, width and depth (this depends on the number of soakaway crates you decide to use) and level the base of the ‘hole’.
- Lay a layer of sharp sand to the base of the excavation and level this off as well as you can.
- Install your soakaway crates into the excavation and if using more than one, connect them together using clips or cable ties.
- If necessary, connect pipes into the crates.
- Backfill the area with the soil you removed during the excavation.