Our water storage crates are lightweight modular cells with a high void ratio that can be used for creating stormwater underground water storage and attenuation systems for landscaped areas, car parking areas as well as heavier duty use areas within residential, commercial, industrial or retail areas. Water storage crates are used to create a permeable infiltration scheme and effectively manage excessive rainwater.
Advantages of using water storage/attenuation systems:
- Grey water storage for use in flushing of toilets, watering of plants and cleaning of vehicles etc.
- Prevents extreme peak flows to main drainage and water purification systems
- Decreases the possibility of flooding during heavy rain falls
- Decreases environmental problems caused by hardscaped development
- Rainwater is cleaned by the geotextile surround
- Allows development of difficult sites by using attenuation / water storage
Soakaway Crate Installation Instructions (Excerpt from Downloadable Install Guide):
- Excavate the designated area to your required length, width and depth (this depends on the number of soakaway crates you decide to use) and level the base of the ‘hole’.
- Lay a layer of sharp sand to the base of the excavation and level this off as well as you can.
- Install your soakaway crates into the excavation and if using more than one, connect them together using clips or cable ties.
- If necessary, connect pipes into the crates.
- Backfill the area with the soil you removed during the excavation.