Our soakaway water storage crates are lightweight modular cells with high void ratio that can be used to create stormwater underground systems for landscaped or car parks areas as well as heavier duty use areas within residential, retail, commercial or industrial areas. Soakaway crates are used to effectively manage excessive rainwater and create permeable infiltration schemes to reduce the chance of flooding.
Advantages of using water storage/attenuation systems:
- Decreases the possibility of flooding during heavy rain falls
- Allows development of difficult sites by using attenuation / water storage
- Grey water storage for use in flushing of toilets, watering of plants and cleaning of vehicles etc.
- Rainwater is cleaned by the geotextile surround
- Prevents extreme peak flows to main drainage and water purification systems
- Decreases environmental problems caused by development
Soakaway Crate Installation Instructions (Excerpt from Downloadable Install Guide):
- Excavate the designated area to your required length, width and depth (this depends on the number of soakaway crates you decide to use) and level the base of the ‘hole’.
- Lay a layer of sharp sand to the base of the excavation and level this off as well as you can.
- Install your soakaway crates into the excavation and if using more than one, connect them together using clips or cable ties.
- If necessary, connect pipes into the crates.
- Backfill the area with the soil you removed during the excavation.